I love number crunching nearly as much as I love number munching–and most other educational 1990s computer games, to be fair–so I’d like to take a brief reprieve from my typical verbosity and break down my last year in numerals instead.
- 1,048: Miles I ran in 2012, or about the distance from my Manhattan apartment to St. Louis, Missouri. And here I was, thinking I’d make it all the way to Meredith. #HumbleBrag
- 26.6: Longest run of 2012, in miles. This is the final distance my watch read after the Marine Corps Marathon, meaning I look my turns too wide and tacked on a few extra hundred yards before crossing the finish line. And who said I was an underachiever?
- 13,894: RiledUpRunner blog views last year. Thanks, everyone, for the support!
- 12,798: Estimated number of those views that came from my father’s iPad.
- 727: Most blog views in a single day. I reached this impressive tally–coincidentally also the model of my favorite Boeing Co. mid-size narrow-body three-engine jet aircraft–on Nov. 8 after Ashley at HealthyHappierBear featured me in a guest post. I’d suggest checking it out, except I make all the same jokes I always make, so reading it is going to feel a little like déjà vu. Reading it is going to feel a little like déjà vu.
- 58: Countries that visited my blog in 2012. Well, more likely, individuals sitting at computers in those countries, but I can never be sure. It’s possible the state entity of North Korea is an avid reader. What up, Kim Jong-Un?
- 3: Half marathons I ran last year.
- 1: Half marathons I ran last year in the snow.
- 7: A prime number. Thanks, Number Munchers! Watch out for troggles.
- 21: Races I ran in 2012.
- 1: Races I ran in costume in 2012.
- 21: Races I wished I’d run in costume in 2012.
- 4: Readers who stumbled across my blog by searching “dog with captain hat.” I knew I liked you guys.
What number best sums up your 2012?